The

VIEW OUR TRAVEL PHOTO ALBUM >

July 31, 2017

Naval Academy Engagement Session | Caitlyn + Sterling DC Wedding Photographer

Summer Naval Academy Engagement Session

This Naval Academy Engagement Session is one for the books! Caitlyn flew up from Texas for their engagement session so we knew we were going to shoot rain or shine. On the day of their session the forecast called for severe thunderstorms so instead of a sunset session we opted for an early morning session and it was absolutely perfect! You would not know from the photos but it ended up being a hot day. I’d argue the hottest day of the summer- and i’m sure these two would agree with me! These two are so in love and it shows. Even under the hot summer sun they cuddled up close and didn’t complain for a second.

For Photographers: All the images below are film! At the end of the post I share a bit about my gear and film stock.

I absolutely love photographing weddings and engagement sessions at the Naval Academy. There are so many places to shoot for engagement sessions and on wedding days. It has the perfect combination of architecture and greenery for couples who are looking for a little bit of both. Take a look below at some of my favorite images from their engagement session!

xo

Nichole Meredith

I received an email from Sarah T. asking about the session below!

“Nichole I just LOVED the engagement session you recently posted at the Naval Academy. How did you avoid huge crowds of people? It looks like you had the place to yourself!”

Hi Sarah!

I promise you there were huge crowds touring the Naval Academy! Three things we did to avoid crowds were:

1. We started early!
  2. We were patient. Sometimes you just wait and let crowds pass to get the perfect shot!
  3. I got in close. You might not see people in the shot but that doesn’t mean they weren’t behind or next to me ūüėČ

Naval Academy Engagement Photos

For Photographers: The images above are Fuji 400 rated at 200. The camera I used is a Pentax 645nii with a 75mm lens. Film Processing: The Find Lab.

I absolutely love how film handles harsh lighting! It has such a great range and the colors/tones are so natural.

DC Wedding Photographer | Maryland Wedding Photography

comments

1. Hannah says:

This is a beautiful annapolis engagement session!! You did a fantastic job and the lighting is perfect! What time of morning is this at?

• admin says:

Thank you! We started a little after 1030 and wrapped at noon! It was one of the 90+ temp days but they handled it like pros!

2. Film! Film! Film!! Oh, how we lovvve it! This is beautiful!

3. Oh my gosh, shooting an engagement session at the Naval Academy is totally on my bucket list now. This is gorgeous!

4. Hilary says:

I love naval academy weddings! So classy and proper! These two are a cute couple!! Can’t wait to see their wedding.

5. Oh my goodness what a darling naval academy engagement photo session!

6. Audrey says:

Such a lovely engagement shoot! I love the brightness, her outfits, and they just look madly in love!

7. Laurie says:

What amazing pictures naval academy engagement photos. The scenery is beautiful too.

8. Alice L says:

These are beautiful images taken at the Naval Academy. I love how all these photos were captured on film. This makes the photos even more timeless.

9. Janey says:

Such a cute session. There are definitely a lot of couples that will be looking for a wedding photographer around all of those military bases in the greater DC area.

10. Laura Beck says:

I can *feel* DC in these photos. You are such an amazing couple and wedding photographer! Classic, clean, timeless.

11. Jamie says:

Who knew the Naval Academy could be so pretty! Fantastic work, and I love that they’re on film.

12. sarah says:

this is a stunning annapolis engagement session!!! The light is perfect, and they look so happy!

13. Aida says:

I just love their outfits! Looks like a fun session. You are such an amazing DC Wedding photographer!

14. april says:

This Naval Academy Engagement Session is so stunning!

15. Melissa Johnson says:

These are too sweet!! I love both her dresses and all the sweet moments you captured! I bet they’re so happy they chose you to be their DC Wedding photographer!

16. Emily Moore says:

Wow this engagement session is just perfection! I love the look of your film images — they are just beautiful!! Lovely work!

17. Aryn Baker says:

Wow! This naval academy engagement session is beautiful! I love your film work!

18. Lynsey says:

I love unique locations! This was a beautiful engagement shoot and the Naval Academy. My goal is to shoot on film. This was spot on!

19. Alyssa Bouma says:

omg what a gorgeous naval academy wedding they are going to have!! you did a great job with this session!

20. Michel says:

This engagement session is absolutely gorgeous! How incredibly cool that you shot on the naval academy. Thank you also for sharing a bit about shooting with film. I love the colors in your photos.

21. Aubrey says:

You captured the Naval Academy beautifully!